MrsRuss0114
MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.
56136667

My wife says she is moving out. She has an apartment, but has

Customer Question

My wife says she is moving out. She has an apartment, but has only moved small useless items. 95% of her things are still here. She is going to lunch with me and sleeping in our bed. There is no sex, only hugs if I do it. This has been going on 2 weeks. She is acting indifferent and detached, but we went to the movies yesterday....So confused, is she having second thoughts or using me for company till she is ready?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 5 years ago.

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.
Customer:

OK

Russ0114 : She may be having second thoughts her being detached may be a way for her to guard her feelings while going through this process
Customer:

I cant figure out what is on her mind. I feel like she is waiting for me to say something so she can blame me

Customer:

Should I just leave her alone?

Russ0114 : I think the more you try to figure out what's on her mind the more you're going to drive yourself insane with confusion.
Customer:

very true...what do you suggest?

Customer:

my mind says I'm being used, my heart says let her stay

Russ0114 : I think for your sanity, it would be best for her to go to her apartment and figure things out which will give both of you space to process the situation.
Customer:

she is trying to be indifferent, but we were telling jokes today

Customer:

I dont want to screw up

Russ0114 : Being stuck in limbo isn't going to help anyone or your situation.
Customer:

i will give it a few days then ask her what her plan is...

Russ0114 : The fact that she's already secured an apartment speaks volumes. And, it's possible that she wants you to force her to leave so that she can say she tried should it come down to your marriage ending.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

I will let her make the move

Customer:

to stay or go

Russ0114 : That's a good idea and you can even present it in a way that you're concerned about get spending money on something that she really isn't using.
Customer:

true

Customer:

thank you