MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.

I went out on a first date with a man from my church this

I went out on a first "date" with a man from my church this afternoon. Really it was a get to know you over coffee, as I know nothing about him and he knows nothing about me. I was the one that asked him to go. He revealed to me that it was all new to him, he was nervous and it was his first "date" ever at 29 years old. I am 33 and have dated before. We had a great time talking for two hours and then I said he could call me to go out again. He said he was probably not ready to date because he was just now getting some guy friends after 3 years in the area, but he had a terrific time and would see me on Sunday. Is this it, or do you think he will call me when he is ready?

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.

Thank you

Russ0114 : I think he'll call you when he's ready. The good thing is that you all were able to interact for a couple of hours and you both enjoyed yourselves.

I'm glad you think he will call. I really liked him despite his lack of dating experience!

Russ0114 : If this was his first date ever, he probably needs to process how things went and maybe even talk to some of his guys about it and get advice on what to do next.

okay, I thought about that. He said he is very close to his sister that is my age too. Hopefully he will talk to her too.

Russ0114 : That's good that you enjoyed yourself and his lack of dating experience may work in your favor, it should mean he doesn't have any bad habits :)

LOL. Good!

Russ0114 : He most definitely will and it'll be great to get a female perspective from someone he's close too.

Thanks for your perspective. I'm glad it was positive! :)

Russ0114 : Just continue to do what you're doing, don't stress and don't make yourself unavailable for other potential suitors.

will do. Thank you.

Russ0114 : You're very welcome and I'd love to hear how things worked out!

okay, I'll let you know when he calls!