psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have this girl we are really close as friends she is extremly

Customer Question

I have this girl we are really close as friends she is extremly nice shes not the cute s girl ever but i think she is s beautiful just cause of her personality. She has a one in a million atittude i always find my self thinking about her everytime she wants to hang out im there if she has boyfriend prblems i listen giver her my advice. I really think i love this girl she would always stay in contact with me when i was in iraq. Look i told her the other day that i like her n i couldnt lie to my self anymore . She told me she doesnt like me that and thats why she doesnt really like hanging out sometimes cause she think i am hopin for a relationship. Maybe i just leave her alone n just keep as a friend but i really love this girl i was wondering if u can tell me if she just scared to try it out or just should i give up we been friends for 3 years always textig each other please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I think you have to decide something. will pursuing this relationship damage permanently. If you pursue a relationship it may ruin the friendship if things don't go well. But if you never tell her you will be in the friend zone forever. Which is more important. Having her as a friend or as a girlfriend. You have to make that choice. The reasons for her fears are important but you have to make a decision based on what you want - a friend or a girlfriend. I urge you to be honest or you will always wonder if this could have been something special. If she isn't interested, then you have to put your energy in being a good friend. That could change but you can't wait forever. I am signing off