psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My girlfriend has gained 20 lbs over the last 6 months, is

My girlfriend has gained 20 lbs over the last 6 months, is it ok to address her weight gain to her? What is a good approach to this?
This is always a sensitive subject. You could offer to lose weight together or claim that you need time away from sedentary activities and offer to join a gym. Your best bet is to do something together. If you still choose to bring her weight up alone than you may be in for a difficult time but you want to do so then see if she brings up the clothes getting too tight or some other complaint. Then sympathize with her needing new clothes or not feeling well or getting older and agree that it is time to lose weight.