psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My daughter and her ex boyfriend dated for 11 months, got very

Customer Question

My daughter and her ex boyfriend dated for 11 months, got very serious and then his best freind talked him into breaking up with her becasue it had gotten so serious a year ago in March. They continued talking and then got back together in July and stayed together until Nov when he got drunk and high and cheated on her at the encouragement of his best friend. They then broke up but he came back again 2 months later promising to never leave her and to do whatever it took to make things work this time. He had become addicted to smoking weed and when it came down to it refused to give it up so they broke up again ia month later- have not had any contact for 3 months until reciently when they exchanged a few texts. She just finished her freshman year of college and he just graduated from high school. Will he come back to her again and if so when ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

The pattern suggests that he will come back but hopefully she has gained some insight when he left this time Nobody can predict the time he will return. Just like no one can predict if he definitely is going to return. The best guess is based on the past experience and he has continually returned once he has taken a break from the relationship. Hopefully she has had enough. That is the only way to end this completely. If she is just as motivated as he is to resume this relationship then there is a good chance that she will accept his promises. This suggests that she too wants to stay in this dysfunctional relationship and that may or may not have changed. Ask her what it will take to let him go; she knows.

If this is helpful press accept