psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Thank you for your answer...I know you are right but I want

Thank you for your answer...I know you are right but I want to protect my daughter. Every ONE of her friends has told her he/she will not support her relationship with this man and many have already grown tired of her support of him and are turning away from her. These are friends she has had since college ( 8 years ago ).....intelligent professionals who care about her very much. In addition "he" was just fired from the company for which she works. Her boss and others at the work site have witnessed his controll and "think" she has made the wise decision to end it........in actuality she is secretly seeing him. My daughter is very gregarious and charming.....I just can't accept that she is allowing a guy "so disliked" to come back into her life. Any further advice will be appreciated.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I remember your question and I can certainly sympathize. We all wish our loved ones could make better decisions. I believe you that she is a sweet girl, but the problem is we can't control who she chooses. He is probably a real loser but it matters only what she thinks. No matter what it boils down to what she thinks of him. What she will tolerate. You can continue to show her the way but she has to want to end it. There will come a time when she will. It may not be the time when everyone else wants her to end it. I would have a friend , a brave friend, talk to her and just plant the seed that he is a loser Then it's not mom in her love life. But in the end you have to wait until she has had enough. He may make that happen sooner than you think
psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues