psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My boyfriend travels 2 weeks a month. When he is home, he

My boyfriend travels 2 weeks a month. When he is home, he never wants to have sex. We'll go months w/out it, until I complain and then I have to dress in costume or he doesn't get turned on. Also, he gets up every morning an hour before he has to, to poop yet has his laptop w/him. I think he's masturbating, but I can't prove and haven't asked. He is 40 years old. Could it be LT or ED?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

I can only say from a mental health and common sense approach. He may be suffering from a condition effecting his sex life, but he has to be motivated to find out what that is. With any treatment if this issue doesn't bother him, then the chances of the treatment being effective is small. Wherein if he really wanted to have frequent sex he would be more motivated. He can see about a physician about ED or getting Viagra. In terms of mental health, he may not think sex is a priority. People with different sex drives marry all the time. With a compromise you could find that sex does not have to be a stressor. Also get a copy of Mars and Venus in the Bedroom to find better ways to approach sex. If he is masturbating then you can see a professional if this becomes an issue. Often women feel that masturbation is replacing them and this is a common issue. Find a professional to just address the issues including masturbation

f this was helpful press accept