psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My daughter id dating a very controlling man who has repeatedly

My daughter id dating a very controlling man who has repeatedly lied to her about his unfaithful habits. He's been married twice and believes in having his way.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

This is very unfortunate. She is caught in this cycle and is repeating it over and over. If he is controlling, you have to remember that controlling men sort of condition you to believe certain things. He has probably convinced her that he is this wonderful guy and she can't get anyone else. They learn to wear down the self esteem and you wouldn't even know she has changed. At the very least he has convinced her he is a wonderful guy and he won't do it again. This is the information you have to focus on if she is to stay away. Other than respond to these negative views with reality, you can't do anything. You can focus on her self esteem, but in the end it is her decision. Sooner or later she will get tired of his infidelities and his controlling nature but you have to let her get there

If this has been helpful press accept