Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

Hello, I am interested in online dating and the largest

Customer Question

I am interested in online dating and the largest and best known site in Australia is I want to create a profile that grabs women's attention, but does not tell bald faced lies or mistruths.

Are you able to give advice about writing a profile that is exciting and leaves women wanting to know more. Note that I'm an ordinary looking guy and often with these types of sites men and women alike will dismiss someone because of their looks, without really considering what types of person they are.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
You are looking to create an online profile and you want to get noticed. One thing when it comes to dating is to be yourself and be honest with who you are. You want to create a profile that is about your interests. If a woman sees your interests are the same as hers, she will want to discuss these interest with you. I want you to write down your hobbies, your interests in life, your goals that you see yourself achieving. Personality is something that catches peoples attention. If you are someone that lets say as an example loves to play tennis. These could spark a woman interest that she plays tennis. You might like watching moves, hiking, fishing, football. Woman are going to read your profile to look at what they have in common with you. If you have similar interest they figure they can talk with you about it or set up a date. You could connect with someone just by having one phone conversation, or even through e-mails. But the first things is always be yourself. You want the person to get to know you for who you are, you don't want to be someone you are not and they later wonder why you changed. Be honest and upfront about what you are looking for in a person, what are your goals in life, what you like to do in your spare time, what you do for work, where you see your life going. You want to show a woman that you know what you want and are looking to share a life with someone you love. If you need any more help I am here to answer your questions.