Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

Thank you for your feedback. At this point, what should I

Thank you for your feedback. At this point, what should I do? I have decided not remain in contact with him for a while and seek some personal counseling to help work through the grieving process.

What is next?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
You feel that you do not want to have contact with him for awhile and work through the process. But is that what you feel is the best choice for you. If you see him a part of your life and you want to be together, you can work to repair this relationship. If you feel it is best to move forward then you feel that you have closure on the relationship, then you need to look at life in a new way. Ending a relationship is like starting over in a new direction. You were with this person and life was them being there. So the adjustment is dealing with them not being a part of your life anymore. But you need to work on yourself and discover what you want in life. make new goals, new dreams, discover who you are as a person and continue to move forward. I know break ups are hard to get through, but everyday gets easier as you come to terms with everything that has happened. Knowing why the break up happened is one way of coping with everything. You will get through this and talking about it always helps put closure to it. I am here if you need to talk.