psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

my girlfriend has been receiving text messages from her ex

my girlfriend has been receiving text messages from her ex boyfriend and he's been trying to flirt with her knowing that she's in a relationship,I talked to her about it and seems to think I'm over reacting, Am I? I think it's disrespectful
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I totally 100% agree that it is disrespectful. If she wants to talk to him let this go. It is totally inappropriate to be talking to an ex boyfriend in a relationship. If you have said this and she ignores it she doesn't have your best interest at heart. This is childish and self centered. Take it up with her one more time but don't settle for disrespect.