psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Ok, so. I was in the military, living in NC I found this girl

Ok, so. I was in the military, living in NC I found this girl while i was on leave, and we stuck together for a few months, a week ago we broke up because of an incident I caused, however we have been working things out or at least it seems that way. Today she came out and told me that she cheated on me while I wasn't here, however the second I got here she has been extremely faithful, now shes pregnant and I'm not entirely sure how to react. I really love her. I love her so much that I actually told her it was ok, that it was in the past and that she doesn't have to worry about it, however I am worried about it just a little. I've been cheated on once before and when I found out I threw her out. But this woman seems to have changed me somehow. For some reason I really don't care, a great man always told me, if you can forgive and forget it will make things better, but I'm not entirely sure if that applies to this situation, and she seems confused on where she wants to go and what she wants to do. Should I really forgive her for this and try to move on? If not what are the key points I should bring up in a conversation about this incident? What do I need to know to be sure that I can be ok with this and move on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
First get the whole story on which to base your decision. Then decide once and for all if this something you really can move past. Don't settle. Figure out if this woman is the total package. Do you want to have a relationship when she has already cheated. If you think you can deal with this, then lay out the boundaries of your relationship. You need a partner who you can trust and respect. Is her not going anywhere a concern (it might be). If you forgive her then do so now and if not move on. That decision should be made now before it goes on any longer. Discuss with her all these things. If you don't feel satisfied then you may want to move on. You will be fine when you make your decision. If it is against this, you will find someone else. Don't settle

If this was helpful press accept