psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My husband and I have been married for 14 years. Ive been

My husband and I have been married for 14 years. I've been very frustrated for the past few years because every discussion seems to end in a bicker or a debate over who's right or wrong- I feel like he doesn't listen well and continually interups me, therefore he oftentimes does not seem to remember conversations or I have to say everything 2-3 times. It's so frustrating. Any advise?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
This is a communication issue in style and in the way you both interact. This can be helped in a few ways. A marriage counselor can help you communicate with each other in a way that is positive. Right now you are struggling with a lack of listening skills. You may also want to pick up a copy of Mars and Venus Together forever. In this book you can find the rules of fair fighting. These offer tips such as no historian (someone who remembers what you did 2 years ago); no marathon arguments and no blaming. With these rules you can learn to talk and listen. Coordinate this with your husband. First you have to get him on board. I hope he is willing and that you can find a way to get him to be motivated. There is also help with couples therapy online.

Hope this helps. If this was helpful press accept