Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and he has not told me

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and he has not told me how he feels about me. Ive told him i love him and i get nothing in return. He behaves like a caring boyfriend and always wants to spend time with me but when i try to talk to him about it he shuts down. I'm not sure what i should do. When he finally said something he said ' i like you alot and i wouldn't be wasting me time if i didn't think you were special'.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Sometimes you've to go by his behavior not necessarily his words. Some individuals have a difficult time in articulating their emotions. Men may not verbalize exactly how they feel (because of their conditioning )to keep a tough appearance.

He may not know how to verbalize what he feels but you should by now have an idea based on his actions towards you (how he treats you) about how he may be feeling.

As far as what to do, that is something you've got to figure out because 1/ you have invested your time and feelings and 2/ you know him better than anyone else. You would have to see if the two of you have a future with common goals, what he is willing/capable of giving you in life and what sort of a partner you'd like to have in your life.