psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hi, I have been in a relationship with a woman, I moved her

Hi, I have been in a relationship with a woman, I moved her into my house after 2 months of being together, but it wasnt enough for me, I couldn't get enough from her, I wanted more and more. And then I made a mistake, a pretty big one at that. I said something dumb to my brother about a cardboard box, then she came up behind me and hit me. Instead of acting no it I reacted and I did the thing I said I would never do. I hit her, the same way she hit me. She left me for her ex, but i want her back. I'm so in love with her and her ex has thrown her away multiple times. I just don't want to take the risk that if he does it again, i might lose her cause he doesn't know what she wants.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
The ability to let you back in is going to be slow regardless. You have crossed a major line. Even if you get back together she will remember this incident. You can apologize but you will always be remembered to a certain extent as having hit her. I am telling you this as a wake up call. You need to figure out how to fix this. That may be a short stay in couples counseling. It may be serious work on communication and conflict resolution. Get a copy of Mars and Venus. The rules of fair fighting are in there. When she is ready look at them together. You can't ever justify that incident.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know, I never tried to justify what I did. I don't know what got into me, I'm about to go see her she told me to meet up with her so we can talk about things face to face. I'm not sure what to say, or do. Thats the first time I've ever hit a woman and I regret every moment of it. Its not easy living with that. But I will try the mars and venus thing and I will see if she will give me a chance to go to couples counseling. I didn't think about the counseling. What can i say to her today to express how wrong I was? I don't want to apologise I've done that, and I know its not about the apology. I'm a man that can accept the fact that he is wrong, and I cana dmit to my mistakes, but how do you correct them in her point of view?