psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I dont know how I can improve my self confident also I dont

I dont know how I can improve my self confident also I dont know how is this progress when Im thinking about my relationships from 10 years ago till now I was losing confidence during the years more and more... I deserve love and very safe relationship in this period of my life i cant have more challenge same as 10 years ago but I dont know why the guys attract to my physical appearance not my ability and capacity as a mature girlfriend or partner, Im studying in postgrad in uni and trying to have a normal and confident behavior but it seems is not working. The other problem is im so nervous all the time and can not concentrate on my study and even a relationship in during the last one I was nagging all the time ,I didnt say thanx even one time to the guy and all the time my expectation was so much I needed more attention as a pregnant and miscarried person. I confused ,miss him so much but I dont want to call him as he broke up with me ,Im angry because i talked very strong and in bad way about my expectations of him in last conversation and he told me, that i want a break up every day and he wants to break up for a while... I cant trust him anymore ,I have lost my trust so feel very weak ,Im thinking every day about he will contact me anymore or not ,did he move on?? I want he come back...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You need to find your confidence and not apologize for it. You are a smart lady. Know that you are worth more from others. You can gain confidence by focusing on your studies and how smart you really are. Choose relationships that support that fact. As you learn to treat yourself better and expect this from others you will become more confident. Don't allow relationships that lead you to feel any less of yourself. This includes the ex. Unless he is a positive person that supports healthy self esteem let it go. You have to be your own best advocate. Everything has to support your own self image. That means men and exes too. If you base everything on positive thoughts you may not want him back. The decision is yours but you need to eliminate men and other factors to start your life as a confident person