psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I was the gentleman who you advised on a relationship where

I was the gentleman who you advised on a relationship where she requested I not to contact her. It has been a month and I did what you advise by sending a statement like " I hope you are doing well and wanted you to know I will care for you for quite sometime". I did see where she reviewed my picture. I have respected her space and not made any atempt to contact her. She hasn't contacted me !! I have placed my energy in other directions. My feelings haven't changed and I know I have need to move on. I have strong feelings; I was hoping after a month, she might reconsider. I do realize I am mourning and hopefuly I will start healing. I must respect her space and it is very hard for me to understand how she threw away our relationship so easy!
I haven't had any problems in attracting other ladies and seems they are very interested in me. I do not want to give up yet; however, I am not going to think she will change her mind.

Any suggestions on how I go from here.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You are the person that has to decide when it is time to move on. When you have grieved this relationship maybe you can start by getting your feet wet. Take a chance on a date. If it doesn't feel right don't do it. You have however to start looking forward after this time. You don't have to be with someone so decide carefully. You can't hold on to the fact that she may reconsider or when. Use your judgment but she has not responded. Decide what will make you happy aside from ex.