psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My ex is a grown man child who got caugt cheating

My sons father now ex is a grown man child who got caugt cheating and and refuses to face the music and tale responsibility for his actions!
I angrily lashed out at him and now he is acting like everything is my fault and refuses to speak to me, won't respond to text emails phone calls etc! However we still have to raise our child!
How do I get this grow man child to stop acting like a little boy who won't speak to me? What's the best way to respond to a man child, how do I handle him!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You can't change a man child just offer consistent boundaries. You can offer consistent boundaries that say this is what I expect between you and child. If doesn't hold up his end, then you have to allow him to be a part time parent. Because he is the one losing out. Be the dependable parent as you have done so far. As far as his speaking to you, let that unfold naturally. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. You can't make him responsible. You can expect his behavior to not change and carry on without his help or his assistance. It's not fair but it's honest. Then you won't be disappointed

If this was helpful press accept