Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Okay so I have been with my boyfriend now for over a year and

Okay so I have been with my boyfriend now for over a year and he just happened to leave his e-mail up SO of course being my curious self I just looked at what was already there. I did notice a couple of e-mails from a dating web site...mind you-none of them had been opened but of course I wanted to look further into it. I searched the web site and sure enough I found out that he does still have an account that's viewable to all! It doesn't appear that it was active which made me feel a little better but still. At this point I feel as if I was lied to in so many ways. I have to confront him about it. When I do...he does admit to having one but he said that he just never got around to deleting it. He said that he hasn't been on there since we started dating. It's not that I don't believe him but I still feel betrayed. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Is he a trusting individual with high moral standards? Could he be telling the truth?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He is very trusting. He has never given me a reason to not trust him but i have trust issues from previous relationship so that also makes things hard. The other problem is that I asked him about a year ago if he ever tried the online dating thing and he said no. When I asked him why he lied about it-he said that it's embarrassing. My heart tells me that he is being honest with me but past experiences tell me otherwise.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Ok the past is the past. You can't execute the man for something your ex did to you. Give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, he is not shady in other areas of his life so just give him a free pass on this one.