psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my fiance and i, split recently due to some problems we have

Customer Question

my fiance and i, split recently due to some problems we have been having for several month. i had a medical problem 3 weeks after our engagement. took us 3 months to get the good news at that time she was so anxious and couldnt see things right. i tried being by her side for a month but things were getting bad she was telling me she wasnt feeling the same anymore and that she loves me but not feeling what she felt few months ago. we split up couple days ago and giving each other space to sort things out. should i try contacting her after a while or wait for her?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Give it some time. You don't have to wait forever. But give it a little time. She made need to reflect on her feelings and start missing you. Two days is not a long time. If you havent heard in 3-4 days then try. talk this out however. Splitting up doesn't solve the problem. Find a time to meet in person and discuss what the real problem is. Anything is workable as long as both people are willing. Discuss what you need and what she needs. See if you can compromise to having a relationship based on what you both need and want. Continue to work on this together. If there are health issues, figure out how you will both deal with that issue. Hang in there

If this was helpful press accept