Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

I met a man a month ago ,we been in several dates together

Customer Question

I met a man a month ago ,we been in several dates together ,talking and texting alot ,everything was going perfect ,he even said that he finally found his soul mate.He is very sensitive,successful and responsible person.But on Easter night he suppose to pick me up and go to church together(we are both greeks ,he was also so happy to finaly find a greek girl to go to church with)but he never showed up,he did not even called to let me know whats going on.Finnaly later on the next morning he calls text me to let me know ,that on the way to meet me his ex wife called him to let him know, that his teenage daughter is in the hospital and he needs to get there fast.So the next morning he had to fly to N.Y. ,and he got in touch with me when he got there.He has three teenage kids ,and the daughter has Angelmans disorder.He is only text me since then just to let me know how he is doing ,no sweet talking anymore ,kept up with it few times a day but never calls me to actually talk about what happen,even appologize for standing me up.I feel he is very unstable emmotionally , ,and heart by his ex wife,ex girl friend ,sad about his daughter......even thought he said he moved to Miami to find happiness at last...Its been like that for eight days now,I just respond to his text messages so far and thats it,I dont ask much waiting to see how far he wil take it.....what to you thing is going on and what should I do ,what should I tell him when he calls? I really like him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
What I want you to do is be there for him through this difficult time. He is right now focused on his daughter. He can't right now focus on his relationship with you because he is upset over his daughter. But he is keeping in contact with you keeping you posted on what is going on. It is very important to show him that you are there and you understand why he stood you up Easter. I feel this is a relationship that is worth working at. You both seem to have things in common. I can tell he cares about. But he has responsibilities that he needs to take care of right now. You said he moved to find happiness. He has found happiness with you. Give this relationship a chance I think its going to be a great relationship.