psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hi there

Customer Question

Lucas is my name and i am a 31yr old male from Australia. I am in the infant stages of a relationship with a beautiful girl from England, but there are various baggage issues, etc. My question is that we do not live just around the corner from each other & it is difficult when we are not together. She is constantly asking me to express my feelings, but i don't really have anything of substance to say? She says that i should talk to her more about things like my career, concerns for my 2 children from a previous relationship, i guess it doesn't matter she just wants me to express my emotions, but i am just not wired that way. I really like her and don't want this to be such a problem for her.... what should i try?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.
I have read men are from mars, women are from venus, and i do understand that she is trying to build this connection with me....
But i have tried to chat with her and make the communication work in so far as what i went through in my day, and some things that may have popped up (but then she gets freaked out by them thinking that in some way they have huge implications in her life)... and she is asking me how i "feel" about it? how do i emotionally react or how can i manage to not worry and continue on... she is making me feel like i am incapable of sharing my emotions, or that i am robotic... but the truth is I'm not the kind of guy to cry about life's curveballs and dwell on the past... I just deal with change and problems as they approach (which is rare... because I'm generally happy and smiling)?
I clearly understand that she needs to connect with me through conversation, but at the end of the telephone line i just feel like i have nothing of substance to say...
I've been told by her that it is a problem, and that i don't care... but obviously i do.
I'm just not sure how to meet her needs?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!