psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My husband is having an emotional affair

My husband told me a year ago he was in love with his co worker but it hasn't become physical. For the past year he said he was over it then last week he said he never was and still loves her. What does this mean? Should I get a divorce?  Are there any good books about this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

There is a lot of material out there but nothing that will really help you deal with the real crisis. You and your husband have to sit down and decide if it's over. Does he want to be with her? does he want to make his marriage work? He can't stay in the home and just keep cheating. This needs to be the first step. What do you both want. If he wants to work it out then he needs to let the woman go and find a good marriage counselor. Do this whether you have done it in the past or not.

If he is in "love" with her then he may not want to make it work. He then needs to figure out a plan to separate the two of you. You need to ask the hard questions. If you have to separate do so. He has to make a choice. If he won't go and he wants her get counseling for yourself. Don't do this alone

If this was helpful press accept