psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my boyfriend wont let me have male friends visit while he is

my boyfriend wont let me have male friends visit while he is away. my boyfriend had left for yet another all night fishing trip with my brother and im left on my own with the kids, on the anniversary of my dads death i just want some adult company and all my female friends are busy, the friend is a mutal male friend but my boyfriend wont let me invite him over. he says he trusts me but not other men, i have never cheated on him and we have been together 2 years i just feel like im missing out and i dont want to give him the option of give me more freedom or leave because i really dont want to lose him, but ive never even had a night away from him and the girls since i moved in and i dont want to continue with nights alone what do i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

This is a difficult choice to me. Unfortunately because he has put his foot down there is only so much to do. I would however stress the trust issue and over time he may realize he is being unreasonable. You can also allow them to spend more time together he may grow to realize that he is being silly. This approaches the problem reasonably without him getting angry. You may also if you want to do so make plans with girlfriends before he leaves so you are not home alone. Find out if he is open to your going out with males like the movies but not alone.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he wont let me out if he knows any males will be there even if im going with female friends and if he doesnt know my female friends i cant go with them either
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like he is way too controlling and mistrustful. You really need marriage counselor for him. He is too paranoid and talking may not be enough. He needs a professional to address this face to face with him and you. He is unreasonable and has too many limits for casual conversation. encourage therapy