Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

When I was fifteen years old, I met the love of life. We dated

When I was fifteen years old, I met the love of life. We dated for 11 years and broke because he left home for the military. I went on with my life, but never stopped loving him. He got married and divorced, and we reconnected over 1 year ago after ten years apart. He says that he never stopped loving me and that eventually he will marry me, but because it's only been 2 years since the divorce, he's not in a hurry. Also, the relationship is long distance. What should I do? wait or move on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Keane :

Hi, I can help you today.

Dr. Keane :

are you still here?

Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 5 years ago.
sorry to have missed you in "chat". I understand your concern over this situation since it's long distance. If he loves you and knows he will eventually marry you it is puzzling that he doesn't do more to show you how he feels. I would not sit around waiting. Actions speak louder than words and his sound a bit too contrived. I would suggest you not sit around since he may never be ready and then what? If you stay active and go out he may realize that you may not be available when he decides he's ready. Please click accept and leave feedback.