Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

Hi. I am a COO and dated a CEO for a number of months. We both

Customer Question

Hi. I am a COO and dated a CEO for a number of months. We both have a tremendous amount of stress currently in our lives - and I have found him disinterested in me. Almost to the point where the novelty of me may have worn off. He stopped emailing/calling/texting and I felt that I was a bother in his life. He says he loves me. I do love him. He and I are now taking a 5 month break with a plan to reconnect in the fall for a weekend. My question is - should I move on? Should I wait for this man I love? Is he playing me??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
You are currently taking a 5 month break. I'm sure you are both very busy in work and have trouble seeing each other. He wants to meet once a month to catch up on each others lives. It sounds like he doesn't want to make any commitments right now, but still wants you in his life. But you are looking for more than that. You mentioned about having stress in your lives and that is always something that causes problems in a relationship. As far as moving on, you need to really think about how much you care about him. You know things have changed and you feel he is disinterested in you might it might have a lot to do with work. It might be hard for him to have a relationship because he is so busy at work. It really depends on the type of relationship you want to have in your life. You have to look at if you feel things will change and you will begin a relationship that you will see each other more often. You have told him how you feel and he knows. He has stopped e-mailing, calling, and texting and that is something you need to talk about with him. Did something happen in his life that he decided to back off from having this relationship? So times people get nervous about their strong feelings for someone and back off because they are so overwhelmed by how they feel. So instead of dealing with how they feel they distance themselves. You need to have him explain the sudden change in his actions.