psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

my man still supports his ex long time GF because she raised

Customer Question

my man still supports his ex long time GF because she raised his kid.
I feel this is a way for him to stay connected to her and leaves me feeling secondary.
I cannot move forward with him because of this and it is causing upset between us - I am often unhappy. Am I wrong? Should I just close my eyes and focus on how good he is to me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You should consider how great he is to you and how much he loves you. However, I understand how that would be hard to deal with. You may feel second and inferior to her. In reality you are not but this does feel that way. The only way to resolve this is compromise. Have a lengthy discussion about how this can be resolved and the fact that it makes you uncomfortable. He may be able to address your fears. You both have to be firm that you have to compromise - both of you. It shouldn't be all his way either
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, this is the course he and I have been taking. It's good to hear the validation from an objective point of view! Thank you so much.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome!