psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My husband and I just had an argument about buying/having too

Customer Question

My husband and I just had an argument about buying/having too much electronics at our apartment and the time he spent at home checking his email and facebook. It is too much. We never turn our pc off because he doesn't want to. He keeps on checking and refreshing his inbox every minute. Just this weekend, He bought this Mini USB monitor for $80 and he only let me know after he bought it and in front of our friend because I think he knows that I can't confront him at that moment. We have an LCD tv in our bedroom and another one at the living room. Our home is full of electronics stuff that deviates his attention from me and the kids. What is the best way to solve our conflicts? thank you.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It seems that he has a "gadget" problem. There is new information that people actually are addicted to video games, electronics, etc. Just a side note. There has to be a compromise and that can be very difficult. This sounds like a problem that you could be resolve successfully in couples counseling. Try to find a way to compromise that isn't as drastic so that you get less resistence. Try to tell him the way all this makes you feel and a small gesture that would not send him into culture shock. it can be something small; just to know that he is trying. Maybe checking email half as often (that may not be a good example). You both have to compromise. See what he is willing to do.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
the answer is very general
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer is too general. No help at all.