Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

So how long do I wait to know thigs are ok again Should I

So how long do I wait to know thigs are ok again? Should I just make the changes and see where it goes? I just can't stand not knowing if we are ok or not. I also have a daughter from a previous relantionship and he would call her his daughter and I have noticed he has distanced himself from her a little bit and I don't understand that.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 6 years ago.
I do feel you should make the changes to prove that things can change. You want him to know that you have listen to what he is saying. That you want to focus on making these changes to make this relationship work. I know the unknown is hard, but do not focus on that, focus on him and getting things back on track. You feel he has distanced himself a little bit from your daughter, but it might have nothing to do with the relationship. It might be just his stress at work, that he can't focus on anything. He needs to get his life balanced. Right now he feels things are not working, because of his job. If he finds that balance everything will be fine. But he is telling you what is wrong in the relationship. He is opening up and explaining how he feels, it's not that he is leaving, he is telling you what is not working so it can be fixed.