TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I am trying to recover from a 18 year relationship with a sociopath

Customer Question

I am trying to recover from a 18 year relationship with a sociopath that has left me bankrupt emotionally,financially,etc. I live in a small town and am reminded of 18 yrs. that I am trying to put behind me because I run into people in this small town that know he is my ex, and I have to hear about him in these run ins. I never bring him up however other people always seem to and It's very painful ,what do you suggest that can help me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

You do not have to hear about him. Have you ever asked these individuals not to tell you what is going on with him because he is after all your ex?