psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Hi I need some help please .. I have been dating my boyfriend

Hi I need some help please ..
I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 5 months, recently he stopped communicating with me and i don't know why, before he was open up to me and communicate with me when ever he had a problem .. and when i asked him if he feels ok, he tried to avoid my question, then when he answered me .. he said that he's not ok and he didn't want to tell me anything about it .. maybe cuz sometimes i over react and worry too much .. but i want to know now how can fix this and make him feel comfortable to communicate with me again ???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You have to move away from emotional discussions and start small. Slowly show him that you don't overreact. Once you have consistently responded to his issue in a calm fashion then he will begin to see that you are really trying. Communication is a skill that each couple has to work on. The best reference for good communication is the Mars and Venus series. Learn ways to communicate emotional issues in way that brings resolution. He will then share more intimate details about what he is feeling He will need avoidance less ad you will grow as a couple. Try to exercise your best judgment in resolving what is bothering him. Reassure him that you are willing to listen and have his best interest at heart. Be patient and see what happens.

If this is helpful press accept