psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

my boyfriend was away this weekend for work, very committed

my boyfriend was away this weekend for work, very committed position and busy, sent very thoughtful texts but only called once and seemed different, distracted . should i worry that something has changed and shouls i ask him about when he comes back?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
If you are committed first try asking yourself why you are concerned. There may be other reasons for his distraction besides the relationship. Maybe work kept him very busy, or he missed home, or he was bored being away from home, or felt overwhelmed by the responsibilities of the weekend. Think about the weekend and whether he is a person that would check in a lot. If you are worried, ask him when he gets back and let him know you prefer to keep in touch under those circumstances. This serves to help you feel better and let him know what he could have done differently. Have an open and honest conversation when he returns. This will let you know if you are worrying for nothing. Next time he will know to call so you don't worry. Most probably you are just worried by being separated for this time.