psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My boyfriendand I been together 6 months,duringthis timewe

My boyfriendand I been together 6 months,duringthis timewe knew it went too fast.I had jealousy issues n so did he.he got over his and I've come a long way but not quite there yet.along the way he's told a few little white lies to keep us from arguing..which were texting his ex .how do I explain that these are reasons I have trust issues.I sense he's a little smothered n he agreed.I text too much,I wanna talk bout our problems with these issues too much n its a lil overwhelming.he loves me n he wants make it work sov were working on these things.I agreed he shud stop by the bar once week to have some drinks with friends so he can have his alone time.I'm trying to figure out how I can give him more space as he works 2 nd n I first shift so we don't have much time now.we agreed we talk 1 day a week bout how the other is feeling towards our progress.I'm havn s hard time stepping back cause I'm afraid of him finding someone new.its great feaR for me.what do I do?I want more communication then 1 day a week..feel anxious when I have a question bout us n I have to waitbut then I don't want to smother him either.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the two of you have really made some progress. As you said communication cannot be scheduled. Find a way to make time for communication, possibly at dinner or other place where you come together. With communication you will get the resolution you need to give him space because you will feel better and more secure. Don't overwhelm him but have communication once per day so that you look forward to resolving your issues and also have the reassurance that you need. You will begin to feel more trusting. Communication is the key to security. Allowing him to go out is based on trust. Also keep busy on that night so you aren't making yourself miserable. Plan an activity for that night or meet with a girlfriend. This will get easier as time goes on too. Work together to make a healthy environment. This can work if you want it to. Good luck

If this is helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do you feel about him communicating with girls he had previous relations with.although their relationships didnt go farther Ghana friends his passion and lowas there.its hard for me to accept even though he says theyare just friends and he shouldn't have to give up his friends for me.unicgirls he was in love with but never got farther thank that.