psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my girlfriend & I have been dating 10 mo.We live together now

Customer Question

my girlfriend & I have been dating 10 mo.We live together now about 5 mo.When we met she was a 5am nude dancer. After a while I askedher not to work any more. the problem now is that she goes out with" friends " a couple nights a week with & without me.When she is w/out me she never comes home when she saysshe will. usally 4/5 hrs late w/out a call obviosly causing suspition..when i confront her she always ghas a story about her phone battery being dead.Last night was the 7th or 8thy time of saying 1 thing and not coming home w/out a call .. ibelieve that she is faithful to me bbut my patience has run out. I told her that i thought we shoukld break up because i feel ican no longer trust her. i love her and really do have fun with her when we are together. casn you advise me as to what to do..we are taking a 5 day seperation to tthink about it while she works out of town. what do you suggest?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the two of you need to like you said develop communication. That sometimes helps with the lying and the arguing. The two of you have to find compromises in resolving problems. The issues around going out would be minimized if the two of you communicate before she goes out and compromise. That way she wouldn't feel compelled to make up stories. Sometimes lying is a way to avoid the hassle of finding a compromise. Work on this as a couple and decide if you want to do this while living together. This can also apply to other situations in your lives. It is up to you and your girlfriend to decide if you can start over. She has to make a commitment to deal with this relationship from an honest place or it won't work.

If this is helpful, press accept