psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

ive been dating this kid since i was 17 i lost my virginity

Customer Question

ive been dating this kid since i was 17 i lost my virginity to him at 18 and now im 20 yrs old and still see him and love him but were not together, i dont understand he takes me out, he makes me feel like im still the one, what do i do to get him to commit?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Don't use ploys; that can backfire. Use open and honest communication to ask him why he is not willing to commit. If he has personal reasons specific to him then you will know what they are and it stops you from guessing. If it is an issue involving the two of you, then you can work together on resolving this. You will find that communication resolves almost anything. It may be something that is easy to fix. Use one of these outings to talk about what his feelings are if there is a future. If not, you have no choice but to move on. Accept the answer that he gives.

If this is helpful, press accept