psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

low sex drive

I'm suffering from a low sex drive 6 months after having our 3rd child. What can I do to rev our love life back up?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It is very normal to feel this way after giving birth to a child. This is both draining and stressful. You now need to switch gears and look at your relationship with dad. Find time to focus on each other. Resume date nights that are totally about you as a couple. (No talk about baby). Spend time romancing each other again.
That takes work. Plan quality time to focus on the two of you. Put time and effort into this. Do things that are small but powerful. Leave love notes. Remind each other of how you feel. The key is effort. He in turn will probably have his own ideas. Sex will follow. More important right now is intimacy