Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

STILL ON THE SUBJECT OF MY LAST QUESTION. JOSH & I WERE SUPPOSED

STILL ON THE SUBJECT OF MY LAST QUESTION. JOSH & I WERE SUPPOSED TO MEET TO TALK AND FOR SOME REASON HE CANCELLED. HE SAW ME THE OTHER DAY IN THE CAR & TEXTED ME LATER THAT NIGHT & ASKED WHY I DIDN'T WAVE TO HIM. WE TEXTED A LITTLE. HE HAS A DATE WITH A GIRL I TOLD HIM I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE. I AM REALLY HURT. IS HE JUST TRYING TO HURT ME OR WHAT? I AM MOVING CLOSE TO HIM SOON. HE HAS LIKED ME SINCE THE 6TH GRADE. I MOVED & HE TOLD ME HE HAD TRIED TO REACH ME OVER THE YEARS. ON OUR FIRST DATE WE JUST CLICKED. DO YOU THINK WE WILL GET BACK TOGETHER SOON?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like he is unsure if you like him. He might of canceled out of nerves. He sounds like he would be nervous if you rejected him and wouldn't be able to handle it. How I know this is he texted you because you didn't wave to him so he got worried that you were upset with him. It was good that you voiced your opinion about him going on a date with someone. It shows that you care about him dating other girls. I know your hurt because you don't want someone you really care about going out with another girl. You said you are moving close to him soon and this will put things on the right track. You said he has liked you since the six grade. Lets think about that for a moment. Can you imagine liking someone for a long time and you finally get the chance to have a relationship with them. There would be so many expectations, it's like a dream come true. It is so much pressure that you would be so nervous to mess things up. It might even cause someone to back away because they are afraid you don't feel the same or that they are not good enough for you. He even said he tried to reach you over the years, this is someone that really cares about you more than you know. I do think you will get back together, but he needs to trust and be reassured that you care about him.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.