Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Counselor
Experience:  Want help with your most important relationships? Licensed Marriage/Family Counselor.

I dont know how to proceed with my girlfriend. I like her

I dont know how to proceed with my girlfriend. I like her but sometimes I think we should not be exclusive anymore but I dont want to hurt her feelings or regret my decision. Any suggestions?
What is your age?
How many exclusive relationships have you been in?
How long have you been thinking about breaking it off?
How long have you been together?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm 29. I've been in about 5 exclusive relationships. Only in the last 2-3 weeks have I thought about breaking it off/unsure if we should be exclusive. We've been together for almost 6 months, since the middle of September.
is there someone else in the back of your mind?
Are you feeling uncomfortable with the increasing level of commitment as the months go by?
Regarding your previous exclusive relationships:
How long did they last?
Who ended them?
Just number them and put the length and who's idea it was to break up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I still think back to a previous girlfriend sometimes but I wouldn't be breaking up with my current girlfriend for that reason. I think that prior relationship ran its course, and therefore getting back together is highly unlikley. I am feeling that I may be spending too much time and energy into my current relationship because I'm not sure I see it progressing to marriage. I enjoy spending time with my current girlfriend but again I'm not sure I'm "in love" and therefore I could be spending less time with her and possibly meeting someone else.

Previous exclusive relationships(order from most recent to oldest) :

5)Rachel-10 months, she ended

4)Staci- 3 months, I ended

3)Dylan- 2 years, I ended

2)Diana- 3 months, I ended

1) Liz- 2.5 years, I ended

My suggestion:
Be courageous and do what you need to do for your highest good. Yes it will hurt for her and for you but the more you procrastinate the more it will hurt down the road.