psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have been married for 24 years this year and he was my teenage

I have been married for 24 years this year and he was my teenage sweetheart. I have 3 children ages 20,17 & 12. Back in 2007 my husband had a relAtionship with one of his staff and I found out about it not through him but someone else, he denied it but his txt messages from his phones were relayed to me so I had proof. I wanted to leave him but my children were not supportive enough and young they said that they did not want to make a descision and that they would live on their own instead which I was not happy about. Hence as a woman always does I tried to make this marriage work but I feel there is no love left in our relationship and before I use to miss him when he was away on business trips but I don't do it now and I feel he has taken some part of me away. I just carry on because of my children. How would you suggest I carry on my life once the children are independent. I am working too and I think that's what keeps me going.
You need to find your peace as soon as possible in leaving a loveless marriage and finding your own happiness again. You can't live just for someone else and no one should live with any partner because of obligation. You will not be happy when you are living only for everyone else. Try to find a acceptable time to leave and find your own independence. Build your relationship with your children with honesty and integrity again. It's great that you love your work but there has to be something more substantial as well. Question yourself about when you can leave and still salvage the expectations of others.