psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Hi, I am still having troubl;e with my daughter in law. I am

Hi, I am still having troubl;e with my daughter in law. I am concerned that she is being abusive to me. After many attempts of apologizing for me suggesting my 5 year old grandson be checked by a Dr. for possible anger issues and shared my concern for her and my son being too harsh with him, (and I mean physically harsh) she refuses to allow me to see the children, her father was in the hospital where I work and was sent to the floor I work on, she made a point to speak to my manager and said I was not to go near her father. (I am a gentle person, really). She walked passed me several times, ignoring me. For the past year my son has had my husband and I go to their birthday parties and I always help clean up but she acts like I don't exist. Is this abusive?
Some consider it abusive and some would say she's just rude. Either way it is hurtful. It shows no regard for your son or your grandson. It is very selfish on her part. You obviously has tried to be the bigger person. I wish I could say this will most probably get better but she is her own person. All that you can do is to continue to try to be the bigger person. I would hope that she can get past her concerns and realize that you are a grandmother. You should bring this up periodically with your son but not so much that he feels annoyed. Try to maintain the relationship with your son and grandson. Any further voice of reason may make things worse.