Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Counselor
Experience:  Want help with your most important relationships? Licensed Marriage/Family Counselor.
56283723

Hi! Im in a serious situation. I have been in a relationship

Hi! I'm in a serious situation. I have been in a relationship with a man for almost 30 years. The last 10 years have been serious. I had been living in Virginia and he in Louisiana. He has been promising to marry me for the past 10 years. I moved myself and my children down to Louisiana to be with him, we looked at houses together, he bought a 4 bedroom for himself with the plan for us to move in (my children and I). As soon as I moved down here, he decided I was too old for him (42) and started dating a 20 year old Honduran girl w/3 children. He had told me he ended it with her, started the relationship back up with me, and got me pregnant. I later found out that he had been seeing her the whole time. He said he ended it with her again, and that we were going to get married, made plans for my childrens rooms at his house, etc.....Now, he's seeing her again and doesn't want me or the child anymore. It is too late for me to have an abortion. I believe he has played games with me and my children and is now forcing me into a situation of being a single mother. I told him from the beginning I did not want that and that I would terminate the pregnancy from the beginning. He said no, he wanted us to be a family. Now...I'm 24 weeks and he's dumped me for her again. He has told me that if I go to his house he will get a restraining order. My entire family is so upset that this man has portrayed himself as my future husband for over 10 years and led me to believe he was sincere. Is there a law that would help me? Besides just receiving child support. I don't want to be a single mother again and I have been mislead by him for years. I feel really lost right now.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 3 years ago.

Mark Manley :

Have you considered adoption? Would you like to? You keep believing him when the signs and signals say you should not. You need to look at your self, especially your fears, and find a way to deal with them. You are using this unhealthy relationship as a crutch instead of dealing with your own

Mark Manley :

fears, and insecurites.

Mark Manley, Counselor
Experience: Want help with your most important relationships? Licensed Marriage/Family Counselor.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.