Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

I have been with a woman for two years. I think i am in a addictive

I have been with a woman for two years. I think i am in a addictive relationship. I still desire to go out and date girls. I am 48 and was married twenty one years. Every time we break up i run back to her even though i know were not compatible. I fear her being with other guys. Sometimes i think thats why i stay with her. How can i break out of this nightmare.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
You have been in a relationship for 2 years, you feel that it is an addictive relationship. You had mentioned you are not compatible. My question is are you in live with her? Some times people are attracted to the people that are totally opposite from them. They find them intriguing because they are nothing like them and are fascinated by how much they both differ. It's like a challenging because you constantly wonder why you are attracted to someone that is nothing like you. You think you would be better off in a relationship that you had things in common, were similar to each other. This doesn't always happen, you can't help who you fall in love with, there is just an attraction there. You fear her being with other guys because you are afraid you will lose her and that is not what you really want. Is not being with her something you want or are you trying to not have these strong emotions for this woman? She is a challenge for you and I feel that is why you keep going back and maybe you have never found anyone like her.