Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

Hello, My husband and I have been married 13 years with 2

Customer Question

My husband and I have been married 13 years with 2 children. For the past 3 years my husband has been working in Texas and we lived in Florida. I ended up having an affair with someone for almost 2 years someone that I was friends with. I fell in love with him. We are now living in Texas, its been about 3months. I told my husband about the other guy and he was extremely hurt but was willing to work things out. The problem is that I just don't have those feelings for my husband anymore. I am not sexually attracted to him and all I can think about is the other guy. The other guy wants me to come back. He flew to texas for one day just to see me over the weekend I know he is madly in love with me. I know his family and children in fact his sister is engaged to my brother (weird). Anyway, I feel as though I am staying in this marraige for the kids and of the financial security. I have a good life. Nice house, nice car, don't work but I am so lonely and empty inside. I am so lost and confused.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
You are in a torn situation right now. You seem to have lost feelings for your husband and the first step is understanding why this is happening? You had mentioned you are lost and confused, lonely and empty inside. You really need to look at what you feel is best for you? What do you see would be the best choice for you right now? You have been married for 13 years and have 2 children, but you have lost feelings for your husband and now feel empty inside. You had mentioned the other guy is madly in love with you and did fly out to for one day just to see you. This is about what is the best thing for your life right now. The decision you need to make is, what is going to make you happy? But the things you need to remember is you have been married for 13 years, you have 2 children together. You have described your life in a very positive way. You have to look at can you see you and your husband together forever? Can you imagine your life without him?