psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I always find me in romantic relationships where I get hurt

I always find me in romantic relationships where I get hurt and my partner is not committed. How do I get out of this cycle?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

First leave any relationship where you are not happy, appreciated or respected. The best chance to find a greater love in a relationship is to leave the one behind that is not fulfilling. Now you always have the option to try to fix this relationship which is best done through discussion, counseling, or compromise. Even a relationship that is not ideal can be built upon with hard work.

When you leave, try spending some time just on you. This can be through looking at your self esteem and the reasons why you choose relationships that don't work. You could find a counselor to explore this with a clear head.

Maintain your focus on what you need in a relationship and don't settle. Find safe place to meet men and focus on the important things. Don't stay in a relationship too long if it is negative.