psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have been inlove with this guy for years. We have been good

I have been inlove with this guy for years. We have been good friends while we dated other people and were single. I kissed him once and he got mad. He stopped talking to me for like a year. Then we started talking again. The whole time I told myself I was not going to focus on what I couldn't have but what I could and on someone who wanted to be with me. I started dating his friend who I should never have dated. I eventually broke up with him because he wasn't treating me right. I was still inlove with the other guy. He however only acted like he wanted to be my friend and another guy I liked started likeing me. Again I tole myself to focus on the other guy and be with him since he was interested in me and so I am going out with him. However, I went out with a group of friends the other night and the guy I have been inlove with was there. We started drinking and we both told each other how we really have always felt about eachother. He told me later that he didn't want to fight his friend who I used to go out with for me and that until his friend got over me cause he still isn't and I brake up with my current boyfriend he couldn't be with me. He said not to think he doesn't want to though.
My question is what should I do? Should I brake up with my boyfriend because I don't want to be unfair to him even if he doesn't know. I know even if I brake up with him I wouldn't be able to go out with the other guy because his friend isn't over me but I would wait forever for him and he knows I would drop everything for him. I know this is a very complicated situation and I am really upset about it. I can't think about anything but the guy I have always liked. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You have no choice but to wait or to let go. I would write a letter or email to him and let him know how I feel. Also include that you understand that he has a bond with a friend. When you feel satisfied that you have said your peace then you can wait to see if things change. If things appear as if they are not going to change then you may to move gradually away from this relationship to yourself from any further heartache. You deserve someone totally committed to you. Don't wait forever; find happiness where you can.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to know what I should do about the guy I am with. I like him but I am inlove with the other guy. I feel like I should be single but I don't know how to go about that.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Let present guy down easy. Assure him this isn't his fault and move on. Make your best effort to move towards independence. This is your chance to really search your soul for what you want to do as far as romance and decide what you truly want. Decide if this other guy is your true love and proceed accordingly. Find you!