psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

How do I get out of a 20 year abusive, co-dependant relationship

How do I get out of a 20 year abusive, co-dependant relationship without him screwing with my head?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
First make a plan to leave quickly and safely. This is very important. Make a plan where he has no ability to stop you. This is by any means necessary. Have a concrete plan so that chaos is minimal. Connect with supports and get support from them. If you are on Facebook or anything you may want to edit this information. Do not speak to any of his contact or relatives or go for now where he will be. Let your relatives and friends know that they should not give out information or talk to him. Be very cautious in this. Overall, do not accept calls or any form of communication. Do yourself a favor and read Codependent No More