psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my boyfriend is going away for studies, im certain well pull

Customer Question

my boyfriend is going away for studies for 6 years, im certain we'll pull it through, but he's in doubt. problem is, he faced this long distance rship before and it failed so i guess he's bit phobic. He mentioned so many times he love me but he's in doubt whether to let me go or to still be in this rship. Anyway, after ages, we finally had a good talk, ended the conversation nicely up until i said i love you, he replied with a 'should i say or not? i rather not' and we just said goodbye. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
A long distance relationship is very difficult at best. If there are any concerns before leaving they are magnified after. This is also complicated by his history. That is going to make him very skittish. He may not feel the same but the better chance is that he doesn't want to hurt you, him or both. If he decides he doesn't want a long relationship you are unfortunately left with decision. Then you have to let it go. Let him decide what he wants to do then figure out the relationship then. You may still fit into that plan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He mentioned how confused he was over the phone, so after that call, I resisted the urge to ring him up. And surprisingly, he did not bother to call me up as well! I figure its the space that he's looking for. But now that he's in the shell, is there a possibility that he will contact me soon?
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
There is always a possibility. He may want to just clear his head right now. Give him a chance to do this. You may even send One email but no more asking him how he is. Overall let him get his thoughts together and then things may work out