psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Ive recently started a very casual relationship with one of

Customer Question

I've recently started a very casual relationship with one of my very closest male friends. I have been single for 3 years and my previous relationship failed as my ex partner was having an affair whilst I was pregnant with my daughter, shortly after I gave birth to her I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. So I've had a rough time and finally feel comfortable to be close with another man again. My problem is that he wants to keep this very casual and I'm worried that I'll be dropped as soon as he finds someone else. How can I tell him how I'm feeling without sounding like I want to pressurize him into a relationship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like regardless of what you say he is interested only in dating several people. If you want a relationship, find another guy. He has already told you the deal. He is not in a place for a relationship and when that is the case, you aren't going to change his mind. Be careful. You want something else than he does so don't go in with different expectations. It sounds like you prefer a relationship so find someone who wants the same or you will be disappointed.