psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My boyfriend goes out around 3 nights a week with his friends,

Customer Question

My boyfriend goes out around 3 nights a week with his friends, after work or weekends ect. I have asked him to cut it down to just twice a week. This isn't including when we go out. He says I'm trying to control him and we keep having this same fight every week no matter how I go about it. I don't know what to do anymore. We also live together.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like he is not willing to compromise. That's the problem not you doing anything wrong. A relationship cannot work if only one person is happy. Leaving is up to you but it's pretty simple. Pretend he never changes his mind. Are you happy with him going out so much indefinitely. If not that is your answer. See someone if you continue to think this is something as a result of your behavior. The responsibility lies with him