psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I need some help in the love depatement. I meet this guy

I need some help in the love depatement.

I meet this guy about 6 months ago, on a dating website. We have been ``seeing`` each other every two weeks and if lucky once a week. He works night and I use to work days. But I soon i will be working nights, and will have a similar schedule to his. He does work crazy hours which makes it hard for us to see each other. Which is why I changed my hours.

He still considers me a friend, when I talk to him about it, he says you know you are more then a friend... but doesn't really considers me like his gf. He appears to be afraid to be labeled a couple. He says he's been hurt in the past and he wants to live day by day.

When we see each other, we have great chemistry. And it is always nice.

However, This is starting to feel like a friend with benefits relationship.

What to do ????
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
The only person who knows the answer is him and yourself. However, not wanting to be a couple or have a girlfriend sounds like friends with benefits. Friends with benefits sounds like sex with no commitment. This will only happen if you permit it so you need to let him know that is not a situation you are interested in maintaining. He will do what you allowhim to do. Now this just might be a situation where you don't have enough time to get more involved too. Being a couple takes commitment so this just could be scheduling conflicts. When you talk if he says he has been hurt find out if he is willing to try to move on and when he sees himself having a girlfriend. then it's up to you to decide what you are willing to tolerate